I suggest you ...

High Performance line graph control based on Dynamic Data Display

Support for a high performance line graph control based on (or similar to) the Microsoft Research Project Dynamic Data Display (http://dynamicdatadisplay.codeplex.com/). Dynamic Data DIsplay is great but work on this project appears to have stopped.

398 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    grantnzgrantnz shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • gumozgumoz commented  · 

We just started to use D3 for WPF in tier one bank in hedge fund derivatives world. it is really awesome. please keep going

• sebasterichsebasterich commented  · 

Please do not stop the good work on this project.

• JasonJason commented  · 

D3 has very useful to some of our line of business applications. More support and a focus on improved performance (and some improvements to extensibility) would be a huge win for Mircrosift,

• kpaxkpax commented  · 

Please do not give up on D3. It's the best in all I've seen so far. But it needs a little bit more work to make it more WPF friendly.

• Charles CCharles C commented  · 

Yes, WPF should have this built-in. Chart Controls MS bought from Dundas (which is not too bad) only supports Windows Forms and ASP.NET but not WPF/Silverlight. The current wpf/silverlight toolkit only provided a very limited functionality of Chart Controls. MS should combine all of these efforts including D3 to have a straight story on charting. D3 is especially useful for financial industry or any other industries processing massive amount of data...

• Keith WoodsKeith Woods commented  · 

This is just the best component, I'd be a shame to let it go. If it was taken under the development wing of MS it'd be a great push for the technology. I'm currently using it in the FX space for a tier one bank, its really blowing away users, and traders are hard to please!.

• diego.fratadiego.frata commented  · 

Would be great to have a supported library like D3 built into WPF. I've been looking for charting libraries for some time and every one I've tried sucks in different ways.

Go D3.

• alt_tabalt_tab commented  · 

DynamicDataDisplay is really good and could be great with a little more support. Please bring it under the WPF umbrella.

• sebfiasebfia commented  · 

I hope this project will be continued further on. There is definitely a need for this kind of control in .NET

• ThecenturyThecentury commented  · 

I'm a developer of DynamicDataDisplay, and I want D3 to be developed further.

• JimmyJimmy commented  · 

I am making D3 work, it is superior to the other libraries we have tried for our requirements. But the lack of support and documentation is a problem.

• Johannes PascholdJohannes Paschold commented  · 

D3 is good, very useful for scientific applications but still has missing features and performance should be better.

• iguanamindiguanamind commented  · 

D3 rules! But it needs updates and documentation.

• DavidJJonDavidJJon commented  · 

D3 is an awesome library that is essential to many applications - unfortunately, it is not longer being actively supported (questions are not answered and it has been almost a full year since the last code update)

Feedback and Knowledge Base