or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TomTom commented  · 

Please bundle Silverlight in Windows 8 Metro Style Applications!

Thanks,
        Tom

• Dennis ApterDennis Apter commented  · 

Silverlight already bundled with Windows 8 (Release Preview in my case).

• motapunkmotapunk commented  · 

Please bundle Silverlight with Windows.
        It would be nice! If you give sl with IE and Metro then I will buy Windows 8 otherwise not!

• DipakDipak commented  · 

Yes Please, People makes fun when we have to download SL while doing demo on fresh machine of our application.

• QuickQuick commented  · 

It's really necessary! this will definitely gain market share,and draw more people to dev silverlight apps.Otherwise, SL will surely disappear from this planet in a few years.

• howardhoward commented  · 

we are most concern about how many people can use our apps.

• Daniel SvenssonDaniel Svensson commented  · 

Not only should SL5 be bundled with the desktop version of IE10, it should ideally be integrated with the metro UI version where it should be quite straightforward to automatically get touch-friendly scrolling.

• DaveCSDaveCS commented  · 

We are loosing so many visitors with the current plugin scheme. If it cannot be included with the next Browser/OS please at a minimum, clean up and localize the "Get Silverlight Now" page. Have it redirect back to our sites or even use the Windows Update type technology for IE users.

Something must be done regarding this matter. Not only is it driving visitors away, it is driving developers away.

• MattanMattan commented  · 

Bundle Silverlight with Internet Explorer, the same way Google bundled Flash with Chrome.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I've come across a lot of users who won't install Silverlight to see a website. SL5 must be bundled with Win8.

• easyeasy commented  · 

SL5 + WIN8

• NickNick commented  · 

Couldn't agree more. It would be a hassle to get users to download something so they could see what the website has to offer.

It's funny how my new Dell computer came with Silverlight 3 :) Don't you guys ship the OS with the newest version of your software? Please bundle SL5 with Win8.

Think about it. If Silverlight is not bundled with Windows, then a lot of places like schools and libraries won't let the end user install the plug-in. Windows 8 must come with Silverlight 5 by default.

• AlfaBravoAlfaBravo commented  · 

My company develops a healthcare application based on Silverlight. Due to strict IT policies in many public organizations (that impede to install any plugin in their Windows stations) we cannot distribute to them our application.

• MiddleTommyMiddleTommy commented  · 

This would be great. How ever anyone remember the Anti-trust microsoft has to deal with? They will be sued for sure.

• RumplinRumplin commented  · 

Please promote Silverlight, most users don't know what it is and refuse to install it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base