I suggest you ...

Implement Silverlight on more platforms

The fastest way to encourage adoption is to get Silverlight on as many platforms as possible -- Windows Mobile, iPhone, Mac (all flavors), Linux, Android, Windows Embedded, MCML, and so forth. The more platforms, the better.

13,877 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael CarrMichael Carr shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    hughug shared a merged idea: Implement SilverLight on Android OS  ·   · 
    ChristopherChristopher shared a merged idea: Android & WM7  ·   · 
    anonymousanonymous shared a merged idea: Get Silverlight on the iPhone  ·   · 

588 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

what the hellllllllllll i bought so expensive tv about 17 000 Kr. and it doesnt play any indian dramas because it needs silverlight software.

• Anonymous commented  · 

why applications use silverlight where we know it is not supported in IOS or android :(

• Anonymous commented  · 

I want to watch NOW TV, on my Panasonic TV. It needs silverlight to run. Make it so Scottie.

• PandoraPandora commented  · 

Please add Silverlight so that we can do more with our smart TV.

Annoying as have BT Sport but cannot view it on our brand new TV.

• BillBill commented  · 

Hello All - a quick quote from me “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”

BTW I drive a really awesome Microsoft SL and have a dull Google HTML5 as my second car lol. I would obviously purchase a new SL next time and get all the girls, but some genius that works for me MS decided not to make anymore SL's. Instead he decided to take the engine out of it, stick a huge spoiler on the back, paint it pink and call it the MS RT. Now all my religious MS drivers are having to drive Google HTML5's. Oh well

• DaveDave commented  · 

JavaScript is available on all of these platforms and look how lame it is. Forcing Silverlight to do this will have the same problem. Different platforms mean different capabilities and coming up with a common set will always force developers to the lowest common denominator.

Which would you rather have, a fully capable Silverlight for all Windows platforms, or a very weak (think Silverlight core libraries only) Silverlight that can execute on several platforms? I am looking for solutions not incomplete and weak common libraries.

Microsoft must focus on its own core, not everyone else's!

• mehrdadmehrdad commented  · 

please for android

• NimnulNimnul commented  · 

I need SL on android and all platforms!!!!

• ParthaPartha commented  · 

Please spread the word, Microsoft should do this

• alymaslanalymaslan commented  · 

Maybe you need a simple program that should be supported, but seriously. Because the system is not compatible with android silverlight support for nonpayment of wages each month, even though the site can not watch tv ...

• Erkan MaraşErkan Maraş commented  · 

I think microsoft pulls the plug for silverlight.

• hosseinTarihosseinTari commented  · 

Please give your support to android. I really want to use silverlight on my android phone

• eric catonaeric catona commented  · 

Please give your support to android. I really want to use silverlight on my android phone

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please give your support to android. I really want to use silverlight on my android phone.

• BensonBenson commented  · 

especially mobile platform like android which is part of most smart phone

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30

Feedback and Knowledge Base