I suggest you ...

Support for WCF wsHttpBinding + wsDualHttpBinding

Improve the Silverlight WCF stack by providing support for wsHttpBinding and wsDualHttpBinding

1,500 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    carel.lotzcarel.lotz shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gordon2001Gordon2001 commented  · 

This is so needed, because if it not make its way into silverlight it also did not make its way into Windows Phone :(

• pinnpropheadpinnprophead commented  · 

The reason I'm looking for it is to implement sessionful services over http.

• TailslideTailslide commented  · 

I've followed all the best practices I could find up until this point and now I am locked out of silverlight because my back end services are using wsHttp. We will not be looking at Silverlight for our enterprise apps until this gets included.

• codputercodputer commented  · 

Silverlight should support WCF, and the full fidelity of the WCF stack. Period. Silverlight is the flagship for distributed development, and WCF is the flagship for communications. I realize security and the #$%^& hackers cause all kinds of problems, but we must find a way for business to fully leverage the technology.

• LorendinLorendin commented  · 

Support for WS-*
        If not supported then at least allow to ingore WS-* as many J2EE services with WS-Policy in the WSDL cannot be used.

• MooseMoose commented  · 

We've developed a platform using all Microsoft recommended practices for a claims based, WS SOA, and the lack of this feature has, so far, single handedly removed our ability to use Silverlight for features requiring any authentication or authorization

• InvincibleInvincible commented  · 

Increasing of WCF support is needed.

• avpavp commented  · 

Really important in a enterprise software.

• wuwu commented  · 

This is incredibly important especially for heterogeneous enterprise environments.

• Jose Luis LatorreJose Luis Latorre commented  · 

This is indeed a big need for making it a Great Business development technology.

• JohnJohn commented  · 

I have had a Fortune-500 client (with a significant MCS presence) where their internal architecture committee requires/mandates WSHTTP for all web-service interaction (intranet or otherwise) As much as I evangelized Silverlight as a solution to many of their problems (especially client-deployment issues with WPF rich-clients), the lack of WS-HTTP was a deal-breaker. The absence of this feature is hurting deployment in the enterprise.

• Mike SchmidtMike Schmidt commented  · 

I can't agree more with you. Especially in light of a services oriented world, our ability to ensure the integrity and reliability of teh data flowing across systems is paramount.

• Greg NeilsonGreg Neilson commented  · 

Can't believe this isn't higher. Full WCF binding support is very very important in terms of reliability and security.

Feedback and Knowledge Base