I suggest you ...

Allow the HTML control to be used in browser.

Out of browser is fine (SL 4 Beta), but it is also needed in browser so that "3rd party" html content can be incorporated into a Silverlight application (actually a show-stopper for me).

1,894 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Isaac EckertIsaac Eckert commented  · 

The HtmlControl planned for SL5 is the same hack everyone is complaining about. The z-order is still going to be a problem and it will be slow.

• danielmdanielm commented  · 

For trusted in-browser apps only?? That is of no use for apps you want to distribute to the general public, as you need to setup a special registry key to allow trusted in-browser apps. I highly doubt the average user is going to have this reg key setup. So looks like this will only be solved for internal corporate use.

• AkshayaAkshaya commented  · 

Hi Pete

Thats great news, what is the ETA for it?

• Adam HughesAdam Hughes commented  · 

Absolutely necessary.
        For example I want to have my main app in Silverlight but have the Online Payments System in HTML so I can write it once for all formats and devices.

• Justin ChaseJustin Chase commented  · 

But you're IN the browser... you can just interact with it already, can you not?

• Shaun TonstadShaun Tonstad commented  · 

I don't understand the security model around hosting an IFrame within Silverlight, but if this is possible, it needs to be done. It's a gaping whole in SL funtionality.

• Jun CocoaJun Cocoa commented  · 

I want to have a multi-panel Silverlight browser features, excuse me Microsoft has a browser window blocking feature not talk about a new, open the browser's functionality, and embedded in the browser with Silverlight implementation of alert and ban open a new window window.open Function.

• David .David . commented  · 

The 5 Beta still fails to do this right. Try:
        Window w = new Window();
        w.Height = 400;
        w.Width = 600;
        w.Content = new WebBrowser();
        w.Visibility = Visibility.Visible;

and watch it appear in the original window top of the Z order as badly as before.
        Got to, Got to, Got to have a webbrowser control or htmlViewer that doesn't break Z order, and allows us to display web content on a child or breakout window!

• NewBeeNewBee commented  · 

I know a guy who lost his job for Silverlight's lack of support. It is extremely important

• Gareth CurtisGareth Curtis commented  · 

Our workaround for the lack of this feature is to use multiple iframes, but it has loads of problems and limitations.

• zhdl889zhdl889 commented  · 

Allow the HTML control to be used in browser.

• CWCW commented  · 

Incredibly important, otherwise building a new silvelight website is extremely tedious and time consuming as you cannot reuse/integrate existing HTML widgets/apps into yor SL apps.

• walterwuwalterwu commented  · 

I want to send email with html formatl....

• RogerRoger commented  · 

this is so important,I need it

• chengcheng commented  · 

this's important

• chengcheng commented  · 

this's import

• firestorm353firestorm353 commented  · 

The existing support for this functionality is basically a hack which causes all controls with lower z-order to appear underneath the HTML control. A built-in control for this functionality is a must-have.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base