I suggest you ...

unit testing integrated in Visual studio and msbuild

I would like to have unit testing integrated in Visual studio, just like other unit test projects. And not need a browser session for this. Also it enables msbuild unit testing

1,087 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    t.vdplaatst.vdplaats shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jeff CirceoJeff Circeo commented  · 

mnikoo, i couldn't have said it better and if I could add all my votes I would.

• mnikoomnikoo commented  · 

LOB application development is becoming one of the major usage scenarios for Silverlight so we really need to have better support for (unit) testing out of the box. As other commenters wrote, other testing frameworks (such as the new support for SL in Coded UI tests) address a different concern and there is still a gap when it comes to unit testing.

• RhysCRhysC commented  · 

How is "Testability" not a primary deliverable for all framework items? I guess i can understand letting it slip in beta or v1, but v4? Seriously?

• Peter GfaderPeter Gfader commented  · 

This is very important for my team as well.
        We get around by testing our ViewModels via linked files. Which is UGLY.
        A Silverlight Test Framework not running in the browser would be awesome!

• Andries CoetzeeAndries Coetzee commented  · 

Integrated Unit testing is a must for for my company. I'm forced to use other Frameworks because of this shortcoming.

• lee.ryan.campbelllee.ryan.campbell commented  · 

I think the lack of built in unit test support sums up Microsoft warped sense of testing. Silverlight can not be taken seriously as a development platform until I can run thousnads of tests quickly (8 minutes is not quick). The main problem here is the Microsoft themselves dont know the difference between Unit, Integration and System testing.

• Prashant DandaPrashant Danda commented  · 

Yes we need to make Silverlight Unit Test Cases written in MS Test be visible in the Test View window of Visual Studio 2010 and also automatically be added to the TFS build definitions...

• bartczernickibartczernicki commented  · 

I think they have that in the upcoming Silverlight Control Toolkit drop in April.

• Joel McCormickJoel McCormick commented  · 

Code coverage would be fantastic to! Without coverage stats it's is almost impossible to properly keep track of how effective unit tests are.

Feedback and Knowledge Base